JOB TITLE: Grower Accounting Specialist
LOCATION: Soledad, CA
ABOUT BRAGA FRESH
For three generations the Braga family has been farming in the western United States from the Salinas Valley to Yuma, Arizona. With more than 20 years of a certified organic farming program in place, we are one of the fastest growing organic produce companies in America. A vertically integrated company, we mix innovation with tradition to grow, ship and process fresh vegetables and salads year-round under the Braga Farms and Josie’s Organics brands.
- Review grower lot reports, assess accuracy and completeness of charges (handling, storage,
drayage, freight, customs, etc.) and make any needed corrections.
- Ensure that financial information for our growers is prepared in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Produce weekly summary reports on grower settlements, adjustments and bulk shipped volume and provide to Controller and VP of Operations.
- Calculate weekly grower settlements and prepare for payment.
- Weekly calculations, system inputs and reconciliation of auto charges to the growers.
- Assist the Finance department with any needed reporting that will help with month-end close.
- Prepare requested management reporting and analysis as it relates to crop investments for the Finance and Production departments.
- Generate weekly Out of Spec and Dump inventory reporting for management, if requested.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for contract summaries.
- Review and enter new SKU set-up requests and maintain all SKU updates. Work with Marketing on product code creation.
- Provide various reports and analysis to growers, when requested.
- Prepare grower contracts and review received contracts. Maintain all contracts on the network.
- Provide guidance, support and direction to other functional groups pertaining to the grower accounting and inventory processes.
- Communicate to and educate employees on the internal control requirements pertaining to these same functions.
- Will cross train with other Grower Accounting Specialist to cover when out of the office.
- Reconcile harvesting tags to what the cooler receives. Reach out for answers to discrepancies.
- Reporting and reconciling CHEP, IFCO, CTEC and State Garden.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 2 years experience desired, not required.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees, as needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
- Ability to use independent judgment.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
- Experience preferred with Famous, Tableau and Faceforward Vision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401-k plan
Salary Range estimate: $20-$25
Braga Fresh Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Send resume to HR@bragafresh.com