JOB TITLE: R & D Technician
LOCATION: Spreckels, CA
ABOUT BRAGA FRESH
For three generations the Braga family has been farming in the western United States from the Salinas Valley to Yuma, Arizona. With more than 20 years of a certified organic farming program in place, we are one of the fastest growing organic produce companies in America. A vertically integrated company, we mix innovation with tradition to grow, ship and process fresh vegetables and salads year-round under the Braga Farms and Josie’s Organics brands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist, collect, and perform R&D shelf-life validation trials.
- Analyze data, generate reports, and integrate information into a PPT presentation.
- Assisting with the organization, creation, and shipment of customer samples.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Cleaning and maintaining the workplace.
- Performing R&D-related tasks at various worksites.
- Perform related work as assigned by the Director of R&D.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Capable of accomplishing tasks in a fast, goal-oriented manner.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills to explain results to others.
- Have a willingness to learn key R&D and manufacturing concepts.
- Able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Capable of working in refrigerated environments.
- Capable of travel between worksites, when necessary.
- Able to work flexible hours when necessary; must be able to dedicate 40 hours per week to this position.
Pursuing a B.S. degree and studying a scientific discipline linked to Food Science, Nutrition, Dietetics, Agriculture, Manufacturing, or candidates with educational background in those areas.
Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401-k plan
Salary range estimate $17-$20hr
Braga Fresh Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Send resume to HR@bragafresh.com