JOB TITLE: R & D Research Technologist
LOCATION: Salinas Valley: Year-round presence at both of our two processing facilities in Speckles and Gonzales, CA. Office location: Spreckels, CA.
ABOUT BRAGA FRESH
For three generations the Braga family has been farming in the western United States from the Salinas Valley to Yuma, Arizona. With more than 20 years of a certified organic farming program in place, we are one of the fastest growing organic produce companies in America. A vertically integrated company, we mix innovation with tradition to grow, ship and process fresh vegetables and salads year-round under the Braga Farms and Josie’s Organics brands.
This role will report to the Director of Research & Development. The R&D Research Technologist will execute project goals and timelines that support the team efforts around product development and continuous improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and executing R&D shelf-life validation trials.
- Coordinating shelf-life evaluation schedules and performing shelf-life evaluations in a timely fashion.
- Extrapolating next steps for shelf-life optimization based on results from previous replications.
- Analyze data, generate reports, and integrate results into a high-level PPT presentation.
- Creating Nutritional Facts Panels, Ingredient Statements, and Allergen Statements.
- R&D document control: creating and maintaining finished product specification sheets and SOP’s.
- Assisting with the organization, creation, and shipment of customer samples.
- Participating in team meetings on weekly basis.
- Performing R&D-related tasks at various worksites.
- Perform various analytical or quantitative tests as assigned by the Director of R&D.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience working with Nutritional Facts Panel creation (via Genesis or other Nutritional Facts software) as well as experience with FDA regulations regarding NFPs.
- Must have fluency Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel).
- Capable of communicating and working with cross-functional groups.
- Must be comfortable working in refrigerated environments.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, while accomplishing tasks in a fast-paced, goal-oriented manner
- Capable of traveling between worksites, when necessary.
- Experience in working with Smartsheet is a plus.
Applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science-related field. Extensive work experience (~5 years or more) related to Food Processing/Manufacturing, Product Development, Analytical and/or Micro Testing, Nutritional Guidelines, or Agriculture, is greatly considered in lieu of a science-related education or degree.
Competitive compensation, benefits, and 401-k plan
Braga Fresh Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Send resume to HR@bragafresh.com